There is a wide range of gardening activities, some are light and easier to do, others are more strenuous and may be more challenging.
- Start with lighter tasks such as deadheading flowers and light pruning
- Rather than anything that involves bending, digging, pushing and heavy lifting.
- It is fine to feel that you are exerting yourself but you should be able to continue conversation.
- As your fitness improves you will be able to progress to more challenging activities.
- If you have a Pacemaker or Implantable Cardioverter Device (ICD)
- you may need to wait six weeks after
- your procedure to allow the leads to settle before certain arm activities.